We serve our neighbor through the wider ministry of the Assistance Center of Towson Churches (ACTC) throughout the year. This involves collecting items during the season of Lent to make care bags for their homeless clients, school supply collection in the summer, Thanksgiving meal donations, the Food For Thought program, and canned food items for two months each year.
Currently, we are in the midst of collecting for the annual Thanksgiving meals through the month of November. There are several ways that you can help:
- Donate any food item from the list below.
- Donate a complete bag which includes all the items listed below.
- Donate a complete pre-packed bag which can be purchased at the following stores beginning November 1. The cost of pre-packaged bags is $20-$23.
- Giant Supermarket Timonium
- Giant Supermarket Baltimore – 6340 York Rd.
- Giant Supermarket Towson – Loch Raven Blvd.
- Shop Rite Timonium – Aylesbury Rd.
- Donate money which will be used for purchasing grocery gift cards.
Checks should be made out to St. Paul’s and brought to the church office or placed in the Sunday collection plates. Be sure to indicate “Thanksgiving bags” on the memo line.
All donated items except for checks can be left in or near the marked bins provided outside the church office, in the entryway of Spangler Hall or across from the Wilkening Room. Any complete bags should be marked as such.
Please have all donations in by Sunday, November 17.
Thank you all for your faithful support of this project.
REQUESTED FOOD LIST PER BAG
- 1 can sweet potatoes (23-29 oz.)
- 2 cans meat/main dish (eg. chili, or beef stew)
- 1 large can of fruit (20-30 oz)
- 4 cans of vegetables (15 oz)
- 1 Cranberry sauce
- 2 pkg. boxed macaroni and cheese
- 1 box instant mashed potatoes
- 1 box cake or brownie mix
- 1 bag or box of stuffing mix
- 1 lb. bag or box of rice