Thanks to the work of our Life Together Working Group to develop a framework for returning to gather for worship in person, which was approved by our Congregational Council at their June meeting, we are now able to share this plan with you and receive feedback. We encourage you to complete this survey with your household as one unit.
Taking science and best practices for social distancing into mind, the first steps back into gathering for worship in person will be an outdoor worship service, held on our grounds outside the historic sanctuary on Sunday mornings at 9:00am, beginning in mid-July (weather permitting). Other distancing measures will include:
- No congregational singing or wind instruments.
- No Communion shared at this time.
- Everyone is expected to bring and wear cloth face-masks, bring and use hand sanitizer, and keep at least 6 ft. distance between others. Those with allergies or not able to wear a mask safely should consider staying home.
- Everyone would be asked to bring their own chairs/blankets for seating.
- No passing of Connection Books or Offering Plate.
- Bathrooms will not be available (reevaluated as cleaning procedures are put in place).
- RSVP in advance (online or through the church office), which includes agreement to acknowledgment of risk, with check-in upon arrival to assist with contact tracing.
We would also ask people to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have a positive diagnosis, or have been in contact with someone who has.
The initial intent would be that we would worship in this way through the fall before returning to an inside space, taking the experience of gathering with social distancing back into a more familiar space.
The digital service via Facebook Live would continue on Sundays at 11:00am with a similar format as is being used now, with the recording of this service uploaded for the phone call-in service.